Depending on the day, I flip between these two responses:
Now don't get me wrong. I am not bragging. But my life reads like a world travelling story. Each chapter has a new setting. Each year with its unique adventures. And each interaction with new companions. You should go somewhere.
***
Now don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. But my life reads as a cautionary tale. Bonds made, then ties severed. Instability and uncertainty lurking. Beneath every moment of familiarity, sudden, forceful change emerges. I have left my heart in so many places.
***
My family's reason for fidgeting ever so often from continent to continent has presented me with a wonderfully wrapped gift that is filled with stories that could fill a book, which I hope to communicate in one form or another. I'm still trying to figure out my medium. During my teenage years, the angst of 'who am I' was excruciating. But it has lead to great personal poems about belonging and acceptance.
***
Once you look for the similarities in diverse cultures, you will find the beauty of how we are all alike. This took me a while to see. Tolerance towards my own heritage, strangely enough, is what I needed to accept. Thank you life for intervening and expanding the extent of my humility towards the culture of my parents' homeland.


