In the heart of Dubai, my mother and I have been strengthening our bond by taking daily walks. The path we tread has been repetitive to the point that it has lost its lustre, even though there are charms scattered en route.
The process has been therapeutic. If only someone could listen in on our conversations. In a matter of one to two hours, we manage to talk out and problem solve the world's major issues.
One of the many issues that I have with the World is how there are little visually appealing and attractive representations of Arabia made accessible to regions outside of the Middle East. Especially considering its rich history. There is a gap in the market for creative designs and colourful illustrations of Arabic educational toys and books for Non-Arabic speakers.
Of the many tasks I've assigned myself, compiling a cookbook of delicious dishes from across the globe has been surprisingly challenging.
On the hunt, I've struggled to find authentic cookbooks from the Arab world in English. What better way to reunite individuals and overcome racism than through the sharing of feasts. I would typically find such materials in public libraries. Unfortunately, such buildings are non-existent in certain countries. Books in Libraries are more Concrete than the material on the Web.
![]() |
| I Live in this City |
![]() |
| A Passage to Arabia |
On the hunt, I've struggled to find authentic cookbooks from the Arab world in English. What better way to reunite individuals and overcome racism than through the sharing of feasts. I would typically find such materials in public libraries. Unfortunately, such buildings are non-existent in certain countries. Books in Libraries are more Concrete than the material on the Web.
I'm an adamant advocate of encouraging the studies of Arts and Humanities. It helps with the preservation of cultures. It has a grave impact on future societies. I truly think it helps with critical thinking which betters us as individuals. Numbers create a distance and coldness. Names create ties and warmth.
I do love how Morocco is fashion-forward in designing modern Takchita and Dubai is embellishing the look of the Abaya, and Turkey offers elegant selections of Jilbab and Hijab.
Commercializing a culture can be a great tool in altering perceptions.
To all those exploring 'unconventional' fields, thank you for taking it upon yourselves to document the trajectory of the foreign nations and endangered tribes.
I do love how Morocco is fashion-forward in designing modern Takchita and Dubai is embellishing the look of the Abaya, and Turkey offers elegant selections of Jilbab and Hijab.
Commercializing a culture can be a great tool in altering perceptions.
To all those exploring 'unconventional' fields, thank you for taking it upon yourselves to document the trajectory of the foreign nations and endangered tribes.
![]() |
| A House of Sand and Fog |
*Sand Castle pictures taken by my sister.



No comments:
Post a Comment