It is official. December 4th I will be presenting my thesis project to the psychology department. I am hoping for a relaxed, positive, and comfortable presentation for the audience and myself.
As strange as it may sound, I intend on presenting barefoot. I find that by feeling the ground beneath me, I am grounded. My anxiety cannot carry me beyond the present moment.
With my PowerPoint slides almost complete, I am allowing my mind to wander into the realm of fashion. Initially, I had promised myself not to make any clothing purchases for a year but I think speaking in front of a crowd warrants an exception. After all, in my mind's eye, I see composure in an aesthetically appealing outfit.
Often too preoccupied to care about appearances, I forget that our attire can be extensions of ourselves. Here's to trying to put my best foot forward.
As strange as it may sound, I intend on presenting barefoot. I find that by feeling the ground beneath me, I am grounded. My anxiety cannot carry me beyond the present moment.
With my PowerPoint slides almost complete, I am allowing my mind to wander into the realm of fashion. Initially, I had promised myself not to make any clothing purchases for a year but I think speaking in front of a crowd warrants an exception. After all, in my mind's eye, I see composure in an aesthetically appealing outfit.
Often too preoccupied to care about appearances, I forget that our attire can be extensions of ourselves. Here's to trying to put my best foot forward.

No comments:
Post a Comment