Sunday, 7 June 2015

Origami


Symbols on Pages
I’m a firm believer that knowledge brings light. And like passports granting us travel beyond our reach, education of any kind opens the mind to worldly experiences. This is why I’ve taken the stance of life long learning and it is why education is a big part of my life. I hope it’s evident in my writing. 

As soon as I submit a paper on individual differences, I can officially say that I have completed one year and have one more to go for my master's program. I can’t wait!
I’m already contemplating pursuing a certificate in editing so that I can gain the power of words. But before I get ahead of myself, I need to focus on my requirements for graduation. I have 3 more courses, a 400 hours placement, and the completion of a thesis project.

Life as a graduate student has taught me the importance of confidence, assertiveness, and communication effectiveness. Shying away from experiences while growing up has made it extremely difficult for me to harness these qualities and what’s more, it has left my resume sparse of accomplishments. My determination and discipline have yet to fold a paper capable of gliding. 

At the end of the day, I’d like to know that what I have achieved is enough and fulfilling. In moments of doubt, I wonder if chasing papers will bring me happiness and peace of mind. Will it offer me shade from the scorching sun? I truly hope so.

 Flying Paper  

No comments:

Post a Comment