Friday, 7 August 2015

Summertime Living

One Bite at a Time

Summertime living has not been easy!

Although I managed to prepare perfectly spiced meals during the month of Ramadan, I struggled with containing my thesis project. In fact, the prospectus morphed into an unruly living being that consumed me. For a very long time, I could not enjoy my days because of guilt, I couldn't justify spending time away from work. Soon after, I had a meeting with my supervisors. To my surprise, they suggested changes to the research question. I took a week to consider and accept the framework. I am now revamping my prospectus. I'm trying not to see this as a setback, but rather as a blessing in disguise.
***
It may be strange, but I am a person who actually needs reminders to take breaks and have fun. The next week will be a test of how well I manage meeting a deadline and taking the time to enjoy what remains of summer.
***
Repeat after me: "I will not race out of breath, but rather, jog, and if need be, walk. I will reach my destination, it's just going to be one step at a time."

No comments:

Post a Comment