Thursday, 5 January 2017

Reviving My Spirit


Believe me when I say that I have not abandoned this blog. True, there are clear signs of neglect. Even the least frequent reader can recognise the lack of content. Still, my attachment to the blog remains untethered because it continues to serve a purpose and I dare not let go of what this blog has done for me.

I have been able to process experiences. I have been able to look back at former posts and not just reflect on personal struggles but also rejoice at the lessons that I learned. I carry inner wisdom after all. It is very comforting to know that I can trust my intuition. All I need now is to convey a demeanour that matches my inner peace. I am not a damsel in distress. I am a private introvert. Soon my behaviour will show the difference.

For the past few months, my activity levels have been extremely low. I have no material to work with and as a result, no reason to post. Still, there have been days as of late where all I wanted to do is turn to this blog and word vomit all over the screen. Showing a complete disregard for appropriateness, which is unlike me.

To revive my spirit this New Year, the direction I hope to take is that of connecting with the community because I am a firm believer that inspiration often follows interaction. And ideas are best shared. I look forward to all the small talks, mingling, and in-depth exchanges between strangers, friends, and family. My resolution begins with a local visual arts workshop. Cheers to 2017!


No comments:

Post a Comment